Sunday, March 31, 2013

   This is a blog dedicated to particiapting in the NaPoWriMo, a challenge to write 30 poems in the thirty days during the month of April.  Perhaps the most difficult aspect of the challenge is that I will post each poem on the day that it is written.  For me this is difficult for two reasons. First, I've got scads of poems that I have pecked away at through the night which I probably will never show to anyone.  Some things are just better being for me only, I guess.  Sometimes these locked away poems get revised to something else, or bits go in something else.  Which leads to the second difficult part.  Someone told me (not sure who) that it's best to finish writing something, lock it away for a week or two, and come back and look at it again.  Then you have a fresh vision to revised, cut, throw in the rubbish bin or decide that every word is perfect and you have written a gem.  No such luxury here!  So I supposed I can be comforted in the fact that next to no one will read my meager offerings.  Or maybe, just maybe someone will, a stranger, read them and be afforded the smallest quantum of poetic pleasure. 

Into the unknown, brothers and sisters!

- El torote sin capote

1 comment:

  1. I don't know you, yet, but please tell me you'll never ever throw your poems away in the bin! So many scraps of brilliance have fallen victim to rubbish bins callous disregard that way.
    I'll be looking for your poem, every day (or as often as I remember to look)

    ReplyDelete